What To Expect
The Presidential Palace of Qasr Al Watan
Nestled in Abu Dhabi, Qasr Al Watan is a presidential palace that was recently opened to the public. One of the finest examples of Arabic architecture and craftsmanship, the palace's design signifies its heritage and its future vision. The palace has its own library with books on a wide range of subjects including archeology, history, heritage, memoirs, biographies, human and social sciences, statistics, administration, culture, literature, arts, etc. It also has its own gift shops; one at the Visitors Center and the other at the palace building. Stay back for the exciting ‘Palace in Motion’ show, a spectacular 15-minute exposition that portrays the story of Qasr Al Watan with the aid of light and sound effects. Projected onto the palace, you will learn all about Qasr Al Watan and UAE’s history in three acts, the past, present, and future in an exciting manner.
The Stunning Museum of Louvre
The Louvre comprises of 55 detached building housing art galleries, a children's museum, an exhibition, a boutique gift shop, a restaurant, and a café. Make your way through each segment of the museum with this ticket.
Museum Galleries & Exhibitions
The 12 museum galleries are chronologically arranged in an inspiring manner, narrating the story of humanity with an artistic filter. Through an incredible collection of art installations, each of these 12 chapters unveils commonalities that have existed through the history of humanity.
Louvre further hosts 4 temporary exhibitions every year. These exhibitions are the result of a unique collaboration between Abu Dhabi and France. In partnership with 13 French Museum partners, Louvre Abu Dhabi will bring together exemplary art for visitors of the Middle East. Make sure to check out the children’s museum, which hosts an array of family-focused exhibitions and interactive workshops in both English and Arabic. 'Experiential learning' is at the core of the Children's Museum and the aim is to inspire young minds by imbibing artistic techniques and ideas to their thinking patterns.
There are also occasional education workshops held in the permanent galleries and art studio. If you are interested in learning in detail about the remarkable collections, you can hop by for one.
Boutique Souvenir Store & Restaurants
However small it may be, grab a souvenir from the snug boutique shop on your way out to cherish this visit to the first Arabian Universal Museum. Rest your tired legs and contemplate the art you just witnessed over coffee and a plate of sumptuous bites before you leave the premises. The eateries are designed by Jean Nouvel himself and are nothing short of extraordinary.
Isis Lactans Group | Virgin and Child | Bactrian Princess | Funeral Set of Princess Henuttawy | Statue of Alexander the Great | Dancing Shiva | Leaf from the Blue Qur’an | Head of Buddha | Madonna and the Child | Portrait of a Woman | The Belvedere Apollo | Horses of the Sun | Sir Thomas Wyatt the Younger | The Good Samaritan | Young Mother Playing a Samisen | Game of Bezique | Equestrian Portrait of Maharao Sheodan | Oriental Bliss | Fountain of Light
- Make your way to one of Abu Dhabi’s most iconic cultural landmarks, the Qasr Al Watan and admire the architectural marvel at your own pace.
- Tour the luxurious rooms, the Qasr Al Watan Library, the lush gardens, and the many shopping regions within the palace compound.
- Stay back for the exclusive Palace in Motion, a fascinating 15-minute exposition that explains the story of Qasr Al Watan in three acts with stunning light and sound effects.
- Head out to The Louvre, one of Abu Dhabi’s most sought-after attractions, which extends a concoction of Western and Eastern arts within the sandy Arabian lands.
- Indulge in a multitude of experiences and admire renowned artworks like the Statue of Alexander the Great, Horses of the Sun, Madonna and the Child, and many more.
- You have the option to rent a multimedia guide and walk through the Louvre with an easy-to-use guide at your fingertips.
Know Before You Go
- Please make sure to keep your mobile phones on silent mode before entering the palace.
- For Qasr Al Watan, you can park your car at Visitors Center Car Park, which also comes with valet parking services.
- Bags and cases with more dimensions than 500 X 350 won't be allowed inside the Qasr Al Watan.
Qasr Al Watan: People who are differently abled can ask for wheelchairs at the Visitors Center.
Louvre: The galleries are set at a relatively cool temperature to protect the installations. You might want to consider carrying a stole/scarf, especially for kids.
- Photography is permitted throughout Louvre. However, flash photography is not allowed in some areas with sensitive exhibits.
- Food and water is strictly prohibited inside the galleries at the Louvre.
Free Parking | Paid valet parking | Free Wi-Fi | Cloakrooms & lockers | ATM (accepts international cards) | Strollers & wheelchairs on loan | Prayer room
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at each attraction.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Points
Redeem your ticket to the Qasr Al Watan and the Louvre at the respective venues.
Both experiences can be redeemed anytime within a month of purchase.
- Entry into Qasr Al Watan
- Access to Qasr Al Watan Library and Gardens
- Entry into Louvre Abu Dhabi
Reduced Price Tickets
Children below the age of 3 do not require tickets.
- Saturday to Wednesday (10 AM - 8 PM).
- Thursday and Friday (10 AM - 10 PM).
- The museum remains closed on Mondays.
- Last entry to the museum is 30 minutes prior to the closing time.
Qasr Al Watan Timings:
Palace & Library - Open at 10:00 AM
Last entry permitted at Visitor Centre - 7:00 PM (Ticket counter closing time)
Exhibition rooms closing time - 7:00 PM
Palace & Library closing time - 7:00 PM
Palace in Motion Show - 7:30 PM daily
Legma - Visitor Centre Grab and Go - 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Legma - Retail Store Grab and Go - 11:00 AM to 7:15 PM
Diyafat - Retail Store - 12:00PM to 6:30 PM
Al Fowala - Main Palace - 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM